We recruit the very best. Each member of our team is selected based upon their professional expertise and their ability to think like a business owner. Interested in joining our team? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TITLE: Accounting/Tax Staff
Summary of responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing client relationship by organizing and coordinating clients’ data for the accurate and timely completion of financial statements engagements in accordance with U.S. GAAP, completion of individual and business tax returns, and ongoing business consulting.
- Performs diversified accounting and auditing and tax assignments.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Determines the extent of testing required in an audit and selects the transactions to be tested.
- Prepares working papers in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Prepares routine correspondence to client.
- Drafts financial statement including footnotes in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Must have exceptional communication skills and a solid business background.
- Seasonal tax assignments, other reports, special projects, and duties as may be assigned.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks and tax knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; Master’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Minimum of forty hours continuing professional education is required each year.
Required Licenses, Certificates or Knowledge:
- Either hold a current and valid certified public accountant’s license or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the State of Michigan CPA exam.
- If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA and MiCPA.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs.
Excellent oral and written communications skills
Strong organizational skills
The ideal candidate should have a client-focused work ethic and have a passion for high-level client service.
Why YOU want to work on the FMD Team:
- Opportunity to become partner with aging partners nearing retirement age;
- Beautiful downtown Birmingham office space offers best working environment bar none;
- Small office with highly professional, friendly staff offers better work place environment with a variety of challenging job assignments;
- Less demanding billable hour goals then larger firms with flexible work schedules of better work/life balance;
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Mix of audit and tax with ability to specialize in a certain area.
- The opportunity to work directly with partner
Location: Oakland County
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Send resume via email to: email@example.com