TITLE: Accounting/Tax Staff
DEPARTMENT: Accounting Staff
Summary of responsibilities:
• Responsible for managing client relationship by organizing and coordinating clients’ data for the accurate and timely completion of financial statements engagements in accordance with U.S. GAAP, completion of individual and business tax returns, and ongoing business consulting.
• Performs diversified accounting and auditing and tax assignments.
• Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and firm standards.
• Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
• Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
• Determines the extent of testing required in an audit and selects the transactions to be tested.
• Prepares working papers in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
• Prepares routine correspondence to client.
• Drafts financial statement including footnotes in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
• Must have exceptional communication skills and a solid business background.
• Seasonal tax assignments, other reports, special projects, and duties as may be assigned.
• At least three (3) years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks and tax knowledge.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting; Master’s degree in accounting preferred.
• Minimum of forty hours continuing professional education is required each year.
Required Licenses, Certificates or Knowledge:
• Either hold a current and valid certified public accountant’s license, or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the State of Michigan CPA exam.
• If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA and MACPA.
• Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting and tax software programs.
Excellent oral and written communications skills
Strong organizational skills
The ideal candidate should have a client-focused work ethic and have a passion for high-level client service.
Location: Oakland County
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Send resume via email to: email@example.com